Four Seasons Market Terms and Conditions:
- Market Held: Fifth Saturday’s
- Venue: Bain Park Wauchope (stallholder access via Avondale St.)
- Trading hours: 3.00pm – 8.00pm. Stallholders must operate from the site for the whole of that period. These hours may change depending on the seasons.
Site Bookings: A booking form must be fully completed by all stallholders when coming to the market for the 1st time and they must also provide details and copy of their insurance cover.
Site setup/dismantle: Set up shall not commence before 12.00pm, be complete by 3.00pm and site to be cleared by 10.00pm. Ensuring no rubbish is left and site to be clean.
Site allocation: A stallholder must occupy the site allocated. A change of site may be negotiated for subsequent markets with the Market Coordinator if this is possible.
Site reservation: Stallholders must be on site by 2pm. If not the site may be offered to others. Stallholders missing a market without notifying the market co-ordinator will result in that site being allocated elsewhere.
Site Boundaries: All stallholders must remain within the boundaries allocated.
Stallholder Notification: Cancellation Notice: Cancellations by stallholders must be advised by the Wednesday prior each market or full fee is charged; unless cancellation due to extreme weather or the stallholder can evidence an emergency.
Stallholder Parking: All vehicles must be removed from the public reserve by 3.00pm and parking on the reserve is not allowed. Parking of vehicles must be within the areas allocated for stallholders (on Avondale st) and comply with marshal’s instructions for traffic control and parking.
Fees & Charges: A copy of the booking form provides details of fees currently applicable. Please keep your transaction information when paying online or at a branch.
Insurance: All stallholders must have current public liability insurance cover with a minimum cover of $10,000,000 and provide a copy of their certificate of currency.
Site Power: A limited number of sites with electrical power are available for a small charge. Prior arrangement for one of these must be made with the Market Coordinator advising rating details of the equipment to be used. All power extension leads and boards to be supplied by the stallholder and have current valid test tags. Leads must be laid safely and be properly secured, within all OH&S safety regulations.
Site cleanliness: Stallholders must clear up rubbish around their stall and take this off site. Council and market provided bins around the site are for the use of the general public and not for stallholder rubbish.
Market access:The Market Organiser reserves the right to limit the type of product/goods sold and the number of stalls. Stallholder access to the market is based on acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions.
Entertainers:Buskers and clowns will generally not be required to pay a site fee. Access to the market for other forms of entertainment will be by arrangement.
All amplified speaker systems must be positioned to face away from the residences in the area.
Charity groups:Charities and not for profit organisations will be required to pay agreed site fees and must provide insurance certificate of currency.
Compliance with National Food Safety Standards: All stallholders engaged in the preparation, handling and storage of food and offered for sale are subject to the provisions of the National Food Safety Standards, Food Act 1989 and regulations and requirements of Hastings Council Food Safety Officer.
- The stallholders CERTIFICATION of food preparation areas, (whether it be on site or at home) can be obtained through council at www.pmhc.nsw.gov.au
- The stallholders OBLIGATIONS for selling and handling of food at a temporary event can be obtained through the NSW Food Authority at www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au
- On request, stallholders must provide copies of all required permits and/or licences to the Market Co-ordinator prior to set up. All certification and inspection fees are payable by the stallholder.
- Further guidance for food businesses on the skills and knowledge requirements of Food Safety Standards can be obtained from www.foodstandards.gov.au
O H & S:Stallholders are responsible for compliance with Occupational Health & Safety requirements, Hastings Council regulations and all other applicable laws relating to their activity and cover any license or inspection fees.
Amusement rides:Any mechanical rides must have the appropriate current registration certificates issued by WorkCover of NSW and relevant Council approvals.
Use of Common Areas:
- Stallholders, are not permitted to block or obstruct any walk way or common area with any material. Council property, benches, tables, fences, trees etc must not be used as any part of any stall display.
- Stallholders are not allowed to solicit the public in walkways or free areas by means of excessive noise or personal physical contact.
- Stallholders must not restrict by means of displays or vehicles any access to driveways or car parking at any time.
Management’s Reservation of Rights: The Market Organiser reserves the right to cancel this agreement without suffering any liability from the stallholder. The Market Organiser is not liable to the stallholder for any loss suffered by the stallholder from any cause whatsoever, including failure to provide adequate security on goods or money.
The Market Organiser has the right without prior notice to add or change any rules and regulations which in its sole discretion it considers necessary for the conduct and smooth operation of the market.
Presentation and Cleaning: Stallholders are required to maintain a clean and attractive display area and to provide all tables, signage and stall display material to the appropriate standard for the Four Seasons Market.
Disputes: In resolving any disputes the Market Organiser will apply these terms and conditions. The decision of the Market Organiser however is final.
In the event of non compliance to any of the above conditions, the market co-ordinator will record the incident and a notice in writing will be issued by the Market Organiser to the stallholder. One notice only will be given. Further indiscretions will result in the stallholder forfeiting their market site. The stallholder will be notified by phone and a follow up notice in writing.